In the course of a lifetime people encounter many money milestones. It can be difficult at times to know what to do with our money when we go through significant changes in life. Here are some of the major money milestones people encounter:
Marriage: According to TheKnot.com, Americans spend an average of $27,000 on a wedding. So vow not to start off your marriage in debt. Curb spending on the big day by cutting expenses where possible.
Buying a Home: Experts recommend saving for a 20% down payment for a home. Make sure to shop for a home loan and plan to spend no more than 30% of your taxable income on housing.
Starting a Family: The average cost of raising a child is $235,000, not including college. Plan your household costs to increase 10 to 20% with the addition of a baby.
Getting a Divorce: Divorce is expensive. Build a team of professionals who are knowledgeable about the implications of divorce, you will need a lawyer, accountant and financial advisor.
Retirement: 56% of Americans ages 18 to 34 aren’t saving for retirement. Take advantage of your employer’s 401(k) or other sponsored retirement plan. A good plan is to save five percent of your income.
Sempervivum: This succulent known as Hen & Chicks loves a sunny window, but requires little attention. They need to be watered regularly during the spring and summer, but only once a month the rest of the year.
Dracaena marginata: Commonly known as Dragon Tree, requires watering before the soil dries out completely,however, avoid the pot sitting in excess water. Ideally, this plant thrives in relatively bright light.
Sansevieria: This plant, also known as Mother-in-Law’s tongue is an indestructible houseplant. It enjoys bright light and prefers the soil to dry out before watering.
Ficus: The tree variety is also known as Rubber Plant, and the trailing variety is commonly called Creeping Fig. These plants like humidity and bright light. Water and mist regularly throughout the summer, reduce water during the winter. Ficus appreciate being move outside during the summer, be sure to avoid direct sunlight.
Chamaedorea: Known as Parlor Palm, has been used as an indoor plant successfully for years because of it tolerance of lower light levels and drier air. This palm prefers bright, filtered sunlight, with a northern exposure. Even moisture is ideal, however err on the side of slightly too dry rather than over watering.
Always check with your pediatrician and veterinarian before introducing a new plant into your home as many can be toxic.
This Single-Family in Framingham, MA recently sold for $255,000.
This is a Ranch style home and features 5 total rooms, 1 full bath, 3 bedrooms, 0.21 acres, and was sold by
Kathy Foran – REALTY EXECUTIVES Boston West
Large home on corner lot in convenient location! Walk to shops and train! High ceilings throughout both levels, Large front to back living rm w/wood stove & built in book cases! 4 large brms on 2nd flr, much potential in walk up 3rd floor level! Newer roof, gas heat! Many possibilities, renovate or turn into a multi family!
This is a Colonial style home and features 8 total rooms, 1 full bath, 4 bedrooms, 0.17 Acres, and is currently available for $249,900.
For complete details click here.
Framingham Listing AlertsFramingham, MA - $259,900
100 Cherry Street - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:12 hours agoFramingham, MA - $499,900
17 Johnson Street - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:23 hours agoFramingham, MA - $519,900
12 Gibbs Valley Path - Single-Family - Contemporary - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/13 hours agoFramingham, MA - $199,900
1186 Worcester Road - Condo - Garden, Mid-Rise - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:15 hours ago
- Team Framingham Fundraising Breaks $22,000 Mark March 10, 2014Team Framingham is comprised of the 25 Framingham residents and Town employees who were randomly selected in December to receive invitational entries from the Boston Athletic Association for the April 21, 2014 running of the Boston Marathon. […]
- Hollison Fire Log March 10, 2014Submitted by the Holliston Fire Department: Friday, February 28 1:16 pm: Medical - The ambulance and paramedics from Ashland Fire responded to a medical emergency on Meadowbrook Lane. […]
- 5 Things You Need To Know Today: March 10 March 10, 20142. Friends of Callahan will welcome soprano Ruth Harcovitz to the Callahan Center today at 1:30 p.m. The free program is supported in part by a grant from the Framingham Cultural Council, a local agency of the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency and the Friends of the Callahan Senior Center. […]
- Framingham High Casting for Chip For Its Beauty & The Beast Production March 10, 2014Framingham High School Drama Company is looking to double cast the role of Chip in its upcoming spring musical Beauty and the Beast. […]
- SLIDESHOW: Eastleigh Farm Thanks Those Who Rescued Their Cows March 10, 2014Last month, a roof collapsed at Eastleigh Farm trapping 10 cows, killing two of them that day . […]
- Team Framingham Fundraising Breaks $22,000 Mark March 10, 2014
CategoriesBuying a Home Condo Decorating Framingham, MA 01701 Help Around the House Home Design Home Improvements Land Landscaping Market Trends Money Saving Tips Moving Tips Open Houses Real estate Real Estate For Sale Recipes Recycling Rental Selling Your Home seniors Single-Family Special Real Estate Situations To Your Health Uncategorized